Severe Weather Safety Tips for Highland
Storm Safety Tips
Highland residents are exposed to severe weather events throughout the year. Being prepared before a severe weather event and knowing what to do during and after a storm will help to reduce the risk of injury and property damage. SERVPRO® of Denver North responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year, and offer these storm safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Develop and practice an evacuation plan ahead of a severe weather event.
- Include a plan for pets and add any transportation routes and destinations in the plan.
- Prepare an emergency supplies kit for both family members and pets ahead of time to take with you.
- Stay out of flood waters, if possible, and do not drive into flooded areas.
- Always assume fallen power lines are energized and stay away from the area and report any downed lines to authorities immediately.
- Unplug appliances and other electrical items to prevent damage from surges caused by lightning strikes.
- If you evacuated, do not return to your home until local authorities say it is safe.
- Plan two ways out of the home in case of an emergency. Clear driveway and front walk of ice and snow.
- Make sure your house number can be seen from the street so firefighters will be able to find you.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Denver North is Independently Owned and Operated.