Flooding in Downtown Denver?
SERVPRO® of Denver North has been responding to flooding and other storm damage emergencies in Downtown Denver for years and we know that fast response time can greatly reduce the extent of the repairs and their cost. If you experience a flooding situation, here are some tips from our website on things you can do and should NOT do after flooding while you are waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO® of Denver North has a team of highly trained storm restoration technicians on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day to storm damage emergencies of any size in the Downtown Denver area. Call us today at 720-408-9313.
SERVPRO® of Denver North is Independently Owned and Operated.