Fire Escape Plan in Denver?
Have you practiced your fire escape plan?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), while 71 percent of Americans have an escape plan in case of a fire, only 47 percent of those have practiced their plan. SERVPRO® of Denver North offers these escape plan safety tips from the NFPA:
- Make a home escape plan by drawing a map of your home showing all doors and windows
- Discuss the plan with everyone in your home
- Know at least two ways out of every room (if possible)
- Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily
- Have an outside meeting place (tree, light pole, or mailbox) a safe distance from the home where everyone can meet
- Practice your home fire drill at night and during the day with everyone in your home, twice a year
- Practice using different ways out
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them
- Close doors behind you as you leave
- If the alarm sounds, get out and stay out. Never go back for people of pets.
- If you have to escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke on your way out
- Call the fire department from outside your house
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Denver North is Independently Owned and Operated.