Chimney Fire in Whittier?
SERVPRO® of Denver North wants everyone in Whittier to be safe from fire damage this winter season. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), more fires occur during December, January, and February than at any other time of the year. Here are some heating equipment safety tips from the NFPA:
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from the fireplace
- Have a three-foot “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container. Keep the container a safe distance away from your home.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month
Wood Stove Safety
- Install wood-burning stoves following the manufacturer’s instructions or have a professional do the installation. All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside to avoid carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
Fire damage can happen at any time, and when your Whittier home or commercial business needs our cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO® of Denver North has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you. Call us today at 720-408-9313.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.