Smoke Alarms Safety Tips for Skyland?
Minimize the Risk
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), smoke alarms are an important part of a fire escape plan and can give you early warning so you can get out quickly. SERVPRO® of Denver North responds to fire damage emergencies in the Skyland and Denver area often, and offer these smoke alarm safety tips from the NFPA:
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom and the basement. They should also be outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms.
- It is best to use interconnected smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds, they all sound.
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms.
- A smoke alarm should be on the ceiling or high on a wall. Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen to reduce false alarms. They should be at least 10 feet (3 meters) from the stove.
- People who are hard-of-hearing or deaf can use special alarms. These alarms have strobe lights and bed shakers.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old.
SERVPRO® of Denver North is on-call and ready to respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day. Call us today at 720-408-9313. We’ll restore your fire damage in Skyland “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Denver North is Independently Owned and Operated.