Water-damaged Bathroom in Whittier?
Vacation Washout in Whittier Home?
Over the years, SERVPRO® of Denver North has responded to all kinds of water damage scenarios. One Whittier family went on vacation for two weeks and came home to find the handheld shower wand had been left on the whole time they were gone, allowing the water to shoot up into the air and all over the drywall in the bathroom, causing severe water damage. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for inspecting indoor plumbing systems:
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs. Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine. Never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system. This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
Call Us Today!
When your Todd Creek home or business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Denver North is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-740-0182
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.