Hoarding Situation in Skyland?
Hoarding trouble in Skyland.
When my tenant died, I was left with a house filled with an amazing amount of clutter. It was apparent I had a hoarding situation on my hands. It was a miracle the house didn't catch on fire. I called SERVPRO® of Denver North, and they sent a team out to remove the contents and clean, sanitize, and deodorize the house.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, hoarding can put first responders in harm's way when they are responding to a fire or other emergency.
How Hoarding Impacts First Responders
- Hoarding puts first responders in harm’s way
- Firefighters cannot move swiftly through a home filled with clutter
- Responders can be trapped in a home when exits are blocked. They can be injured by objects falling from piles.
- The weight of the stored items, especially if water is added to put out a fire, can lead to building collapse
- Fighting fires is very risky in a hoarding home. It is hard to enter the home to provide medical care. The clutter impedes the search and rescue of people and pets.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Denver North technicians are on call 24-hours a day to respond to residential and commercial fire damage emergencies. If you need help restoring a dangerous hoarding situation, call us today at 720-408-9313. We’ll clean and restore your property in Skyland, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.